1 day, in person
Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra
1 day, in person
Old media or new? Social or traditional platforms? In today’s digital-first media landscape, it’s hard to keep on top of what works. When sharing your story, do you ditch legacy media for a stab at viral success? And how the hell do you get heard when everyone, yes, everyone, has something to say?
This one-day training course is run by two working journalists with nearly 40 years of experience at leading media and comms brands. ABC. Fairfax. News.com.au. CNN. Vogue. You name them, we’ve written for them; produced content for them; and built relationships that freelancers, media consultants and public relations and communications professionals would kill for.
This one day course will give you just the right combination of learning from the experts and being put in the hotseat. By the end of the day you’ll have a polished new skill set and be confident about:
- What editors want.
- How to get your story out there.
- Why we are seeing the death of the press release and what to do about it.
- How to recognise a story publications will want to tell.
- How to amp up your success rates of selling your story.
- How to package your idea to make it attractive to editors, freelancers, bloggers and social media influencers.
Once we finish with you, you’ll be an unstoppable media force! Or at least, you’ll be champing at the bit to put all of your new skills into practice.
SO – if you:
- Need to know how to get editors to say yes.
- Are sick of your pitches ending up in the bin.
- Wonder how you’ll cope once you’re actually IN the hotseat: we can help.
As journalists with impressive, credentials and years of experience training and teaching others, Sue and Ginger will not only help you understand today’s digital-first media landscape, we’ll help you survive and thrive within it.
How Media Bootcamp runs:
- In house, at your business on a date of your choosing.
- Small groups of up to 6-8 people (with two trainers so we can drill down to individual skills). Executive/private training is also possible: just ask.
- Customised on the day to address your organisation’s unique challenges.